It is not sufficient to say you believe something just because you inherited it. There is no doubt everyone holds a worldview and everybody believes in something. We believe the Bible comprises of truth about God, our relationship with Him and His purposes in the world. The present cultural currents mean that every individual today is confronted with a staggering number of ideologies, lifestyles and faith options, all competing for their attention. Whereas, at Renewal, we want the name of Jesus Christ to be known.
Together, we want this be a welcoming, loving, supportive community; one of grace and generosity but clear in what we believe and stand for. This is our foundation in the context we find ourselves in, where people can get to know who we are alongside what we believe!
- God exists in three persons, but as the one true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (the Trinity)
- In the Virgin birth
- In the Sinful state of man
- In the need for man to be redeemed from sin
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- In the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for our atonement (forgiveness and reconciliation)
- In Baptism by total immersion for those confessing faith in Christ
- In the remembrance of Communion as thankfulness for the cross and looking forward to Jesus coming again
- In the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit given to individuals, and to the church.
- That the Bible is the Inspired Word of God
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God-fully trustworthy for faith and conduct
- In the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth
- That the Church is made up of all, regardless of denomination, or background, who have truly repented and have made Jesus Christ Lord of their lives
- In a literal Heaven and Hell
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement
- That marriage is between one man and one woman and is the true context for sexual relations